Job opportunity – Education & Training Project Manager
Full Time – Monday - Friday, Permanent Position
Based in Tunbridge Wells/Tonbridge
An exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, inspiring and experienced person to join our small, talented team at YMCA West Kent. In this vital role, you will help deliver the aims and outcomes of this project.
Salary £28,000 - £32,000 DOE [+ pension + health]
Purposes of Post
• Manage, direct and lead the Education & Training team (Horizon Project) – manage and support all staff, volunteers, external agencies and trainees, within approved budgets and targets, in order to maximise impact, achievements and outcomes for trainees.
• Recruit, retain and empower young people and other clients - enabling trainees to achieve maximum positive outcomes including further learning or training, employment or self-employment, greater self-confidence, independence and inclusion; including supporting previous trainees.
• Partner with all other parts of West Kent YMCA, the local community, and other referrers and support agencies (statutory and voluntary) and funders to respond most effectively to the needs of trainees.
• Role model personal responsibility, team work, reflective practice, equality, diversity, integrity, positive working relationships (internal and external), effective communication, empowerment and delegation.
• Be a pro-active member of the West Kent YMCA Senior Management Team and sub-groups; including working to continuously improve standards and maintain accreditation.
• Safeguard children, young people and vulnerable adults, by managing staff, volunteers, activities and premises.
• Lead on quality assurance for all qualifications (current and new) and responsible for all audits and inspections, contract compliance, reports to funders and funding / contract bids.
• Employed by West Kent YMCA.
• Accountable to the Head of Operations.
• Manage the Horizon Project, managing staff and volunteers, and ensuring that the project is run to the highest of standards within constraints of budget, legislation and contract requirements.
• Initiate and maintain close links with referral agencies (internal and external) providing regular feedback.
• Ensure all trainees have initial interviews, induction, settling in and reviews.
• Ensure staff consult trainees, to understand their needs and respond appropriately.
• Oversee personal development of trainees – personal & social development, vocational skills, functional skills, addressing any other issues, ensuring the use and progression of individualised plans in consultation with other agencies.
• Work closely with referral and partner agencies, to ensure the maximum development and progress of trainees.
• Develop and oversee record keeping and write progress reports as required by partners, funders. This includes group, community work, special events and capturing feedback and media coverage.
• Lead and develop supervision, support, mentoring and continuing professional development for all staff and volunteers including induction, appraisals, staff meetings.
• Develop appropriate volunteer roles in the project such as supporting or mentoring trainees or staff, developing new services or marketing our work.
• Develop appropriate opportunities for trainees and staff to volunteer within other West Kent YMCA projects or the wider community.
• Ensure move-on and follow-up support and tracking progress of previous trainees for at least one year after leaving.
• Support and advice, with overall responsibility for accredited training in all West Kent YMCA projects.
• Network with agencies to identify new business opportunities and promote West Kent YMCA.
• Coordinate all potential funding, PR/Media and marketing activities in advance with Head of Fundraising & Marketing to avoid duplication.
• Manage all income and expenditure in consultation with Head of Operations.
• Manage all health & safety [for staff, clients, activities, vehicles and premises] in consultation with Head of Operations.
• Manage all staff and volunteer leave, contracts, health, probation, training and appraisals in consultation with Head of Talent/Head of Operations.
• Carry out any other tasks, commensurate with the purposes of the post, on the direction of the Head of Operations.
· Effective ability and skills to delegate and empower staff and volunteers
· Clear understanding of safeguarding principles and practice
· Sound people management skills
· Sound financial management skills
· Effective ability and skills to manage Health & Safety as applied to staff, clients, activities, vehicles and premises.
· Effective team working skills at all levels
· Effective communicator – with managers, staff, trainees and other agencies
· Experience of working with and supporting challenging trainees
· Effective ability and skills to engage and empower trainees
· Qualified teacher – secondary and/or PCET
· Clear understanding of issues affecting young people e.g. substance misuse, family breakdown, homelessness, mental health, learning or physical disabilities, abuse, neglect
· Demonstrable ability to ensure that staff facilitate individualised learning and support for challenging trainees
· Demonstrable ability and skills to ensure that staff support, mentor and develop young people
· Experience of managing personal development programmes
· Experience of recruiting, supporting, training and managing staff and volunteers
· Car driver
· Innovator - proven experience and skills as a "self starter"
· Fully support the Christian ethos of West Kent YMCA
· Excellent ambassador for West Kent YMCA and all client groups
· Excellent role model
· IT skills for Microsoft Office / Open Office
· Educated to degree level in a relevant field
· Functional skills tutor experience or qualifications
· Counselling / listening experience or qualifications
· Pastoral support experience or qualifications
· Mentoring experience or qualifications
· Supervision experience or qualifications
· Assessor/Verifier experience or qualifications
· Quality assurance experience or qualifications
· Experience of employing apprentices
· Health & Safety experience or qualifications
· First aid experience or qualifications
· Minibus driving experience or qualifications
Post is subject to enhanced DBS, and written references
To request a full Job Description and Application Pack please contact – Karen Warner on 01892 542209 or email email@example.com