JOB ADVERT - Part Time Van Driver (3 days a week including Saturdays)
Part Time [3 days a week including Saturdays] Van Driver
Additional hours/days may be available
Based in Tunbridge Wells/Tonbridge area
£8.56 per hour [ + health + workplace pension if eligible]
An exciting opportunity for an experienced, capable Van Driver to join our Retail Team, at YMCA West Kent.
- Collect donated furniture and ensure high standards of quality
- Deliver purchased items to customers
- Transfer donations to and from stores when required
- Process any paperwork [donor giftaid forms etc] as required
- Current manual driving licence
- Knowledge of local area and ability to route-plan
- Ability to lift & move furniture safely (further training will be provided)
- Good communication skills, able to relate to everyone (staff, volunteers, trainees, donors & customers)
- Ability to stand in as retail assistant in the stores as and when required
- Holder of a clean driving licence for 2 or more years
- Current holder of MIDAS (minibus driving) training certificate (or willing to undertake training if not MIDAS trained within last 3 years)
- Current Portable Appliance Testing [PAT] qualification
- First aid at work qualification
- Ability to repair or upcycle furniture
- Customer service skills & experience
- General Maintenance
- Promote YMCA West Kent through good customer care practice
- Undertake duties with a pleasant, flexible, positive and helpful attitude
- Good role model for volunteers and trainees
- Operate a professional, reliable service to customers & donors collecting & delivering furniture safely to its destination working within Health & Safety guidelines
- Only collect items meeting YMCA quality control and safety standards
- Supervise volunteer van assistants
- Under the direction of the Store Managers place collected furniture on the shop floor or storage area
- Maintain YMCA vehicles in good order, keep clean and tidy at all times. Keep all fluid levels topped up and check tyre pressures regularly.
- Record and evidence Maintenance Log, vehicle check sheets and vehicle use log.
- Assist in the Stores when required with customer service, repairs, cleaning or upcycling
- Other duties as agreed with the Business Development Manager
Workplace pension if eligible under auto-enrolment rules
Company health scheme
Safeguarding is a priority here - for children, young people and adults at risk of harm.
All YMCA staff & volunteers are subject to our safer recruitment policy including confidential references, confidential disclosure of relevant criminal offences, enhanced DBS and possibly a youth panel. Note: previous offences, cautions etc do not bar you from working with us in a paid or volunteer role, but it is essential you are open and honest about this, to demonstrate your integrity, with Rob our Chief Executive.
All references / self-disclosures / DBS details remain strictly confidential.
TO APPLY / ASK ANY QUESTIONS
Send a covering letter or CV to HR@WestKentYMCA.org.uk or call Sasha [part time] on 01892 542209 [please leave your full contact details if call goes to voicemail]. You can also visit our YMCA Furniture Stores to ask for a copy of the job advert.