An exciting opportunity for an experienced and capable Van Driver to join our Retail Team at YMCA West Kent.
Collect donations and ensure high standards of quality. Deliver purchased items to customers, transferring donations to and from warehouses when required
• Current manual driving licence
• Knowledge of local areas and ability to route plan
• Ability to move furniture
• Good communication skills and ability to relate to everyone (staff, volunteers, trainees and customers)
• Cover retail stores as and when required
• Holder of a driving licence for 2 years or more
• Current MIDAS training (this will be available if applicant is not currently MIDAS trained)
• Current Portable Appliance Testing qualification
• Promote YMCA West Kent through good customer care practice. Undertake duties with a pleasant, flexible and helpful attitude. Good role model for volunteers and trainees
• Operate a professional and reliable service to customers and donors collecting and delivering furniture safely to its destination working within Health & Safety guidelines
• Collect only items that meet the quality control standards of YMCA West Kent
• Supervise volunteer van assistants
• Under the direction of the Shop Manager place collected furniture on the shop floor in the storage area
• Maintain the vehicle in good order and keep it clean and tidy at all times. Keep all fluid levels topped up and check tyre pressures regularly.
• Record and evidence in Maintenance Log
• Assist in the shop when required
• Other duties as agreed with the Business Development Manager
• Promote and ensure the good reputation of the Organisation
• Adhere to all the Company’s polices and procedures with the defined timescales
To find out more, please call Karen Warner, Head of Talent in our Head Office on 01892 542209 or email email@example.com.