YMCA West Kent cannot be held responsible for advice given by others, but here are some links to other organisations who might advise or support you:
West Kent Debt Advice are well known & respected; and as they are regulated by the FCA they can deal with ALL creditors including banks, councils, utility companies, housing associations. They are part of Crosslight Advice, supported by Churches across West Kent who serve the whole community regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or religion. They help anyone who has debt problems, big or small, including credit card debt, council tax / rent / mortgage arrears, utility bills through to threatened eviction or county court action.
- If you choose to work with Crosslight Advice they will help you decide which options will be right for you. In all cases their first task will be to help you deal with urgent or important debts. They call these priority debts and they include debts where the consequences of non-payment are most severe, such as rent or mortgage arrears, council tax, gas & electricity arrears or debts which involve bailiffs.
- DO NOT DELAY - IF YOU HAVE DEBTS THE SOONER YOU TALK TO A DEBT ADVISER THE BETTER....
- Crosslight Advice provide a confidential, impartial service and its FREE.
- All their advisers have specialist professional training to help and advise you confidentially.
- See what their clients say HERE < opens video
Crosslight is also home to the Money Course - FREE budgeting & money education resources which can be used by any organisation in their local community. The Money Course provides guests with skills & tools they need to take control of their money both practically and emotionally. See www.themoneycourse.org - it is for anyone who:
- would like to explore their relationship with and attitudes towards money and how they handle it,
- is seeking to understand how to control their finances more effectively
- needs advice on budgeting and managing their money
- may be worried about or struggling with their financial situation