We are thrilled to offer our new, person-centred educational offer, based in Tonbridge.
Ideally suited to young people aged 16-25, with an Educational Health Care Plan, for whom college or 6th Form may not be their best option.
We will be running a very small, individualised training & empowerment programme at our head office in Tonbridge.
Each Student will have a personal mentor for 1-1 intensive pastoral support:
- to build trust and honesty,
- to enable them to understand and overcome barriers to learning,
- to develop effective strategies, thus enabling, equipping and
- empowering them to take positive steps into the world of work
The program runs alongside two days a week of small group work, with our staff offering short workshops on many topics including:
confidence building, communication skills, painting & decorating, upcycling, craft workshops, relationships & sexual health, drugs & alcohol workshops, internet & digital safety, celebrating diversity, keeping fit & healthy eating, volunteering, appropriate behaviour at work, enjoying the outside world and cooking.
Students also work 1:1 with their personal mentor, one day a week, on their chosen area of vocational interest, which can currently include:
Retail skills, customer services, Horticulture, market gardening skills, Animal care, working with animals, working with adults with disabilities, working with the elderly, carpentry, painting & decorating, wallpapering, tiling, bicycle repairs and maintenance.
All Students also benefit individually from
- 1-1 Functional Skills Maths & English, at their own level from Entry 1 to Level 2
- Enrolment on our Duke of Edinburgh Scheme to work toward their Bronze Award
- Achieving a recognised Health & Safety in the Workplace qualification.
- Access to our counsellors, anger management, CBT, family therapy, art therapy,
- Membership of our local V4C youth clubs
- support for progression onto our specially adapted SEND Traineeship Programme
Every Student is unique so every Student has a unique, bespoke course to meet their needs and overcome any barriers to learning. City & Guilds external verifiers praise our engagement, teaching, learning, pastoral support and outstanding portfolios. They hold us up as a Centre of Excellence for vocational & functional skills.
If you feel our unique approach could be of interest to some young people you know, please contact Angi on 07872 987764 to find out more or arrange a visit.